"*" indicates required fields
TECHNICAL ADVICE & SUPPORT*
1800 811 818
Custom Quote in 24 hours
IECEx – HART transparent repeater
24 VDC supply via power rail or connectors
Active and passive mA input
Active or passive output via the same two terminals
Splitter function – 1 in and 2 out
SIL3 Full Assessment and certified acc. to IEC 61508
• 9106B is a 1- or 2-channel isolated 1:1 repeater barrier for intrinsic safety applications.
• The device supplies 2-wire SMART transmitters and can also be used for 2-wire SMART current sources. HART & BRAIN protocols are supported and are transferred bi-directionally.
• 9106B can be mounted in the safe area or in zone 2 / Cl. 1, div. 2 and receive signals from zone 0, 1, 2 and zone 20, 21, 22 including mining / Class I/II/III, Div. 1, Gr. A-G.
• For duplication/migration purposes, the outputs can be sent to two different DCS/PLC/HMI or any monitoring system.
• In safety applications (SIL loops), the 9106BxBx can be used as a splitter with the following output configuration:
• When using 9106BxBx in a SIL2 safety function, channel 1 is used for the safety loop. Channel 2 can be used for any non-safety device.
• For higher safety purposes (SIL 3), 9106BxBx can be used as a splitter for SIL 3 loops. Channel 1 and 2 are then connected to the same safety PLC, where channel 2 is used as a redundant diagnostic channel (for more information, consult the FMEDA Report and the Safety Manual).
• The PR 4500 detachable display and the green and red front LEDs indicate operation status for each channel.
• Monitoring of error events and cable breakage on input via the individual status relay and/or a collective electronic signal via the power rail.
• Suitable for the use in systems up to Performance Level “d” according to ISO-13849.
• High galvanic isolation of 2.6 kVAC.
• Fast response time <5 ms
• High accuracy better than 0.1%.
• 2-wire transmitter supply >16 V.
• The devices can be mounted vertically or horizontally without distance between neighboring units.